Each year I post some of my personal goals and then recap them. I know 2012 isn’t over yet, but here’s a look at how I did. Bold is the goal I posted at the start of the year. Regular text is my comments:
- Beat my best half marathon time ever. Missed it by 2 minutes. I should not have stopped to pee. Dang.
- Bike 150 miles in a race. Did NOT happen. Not even close, though I do believe I could actually do this with minimal training. Biking just takes WAY more time than running. I might give it up in 2013 and sell my bike…
- Spend less money on junk food (starbucks, lunches, etc) and bring healthy lunches to the office. This will also help me accomplish more in each work day because lunch won’t take so long. Did it. Only went to Starbucks about once a week and lunch once a week instead of 3 or 4 times a week. Booyah.
- Complete a 30 day Daniel Fast. Yikes. Did a two week fast.
- Read 15 books. Absolutely smashed through this one. Read way more.
- Lead Revolution Church to love God and love people like never before. Make Revolution the place that LOVES GOD, LOVES PEOPLE and PROVES IT! Ask someone from Revolution…
- Keep God’s bigness in my heart and expand our reach. I feel like we did this at a whole nutha level in 2012…and we still have Christmas coming up!
- Add a kiddo to our family and not die from the loss of sleep (baby white is due in July!) Annabelle was born on June 28th!
- Pay cash for said baby. Thank you hospital billing department for being the most difficult force to reckon with in the known universe.
- Date my wife and love her like Ephesians 5 commands husbands to do. Ask Amber? I did complete my side project of writing her a love note EVER SINGLE WEEK for the entire year.
- Speak LIFE into every relationship and every interaction. We all fall down and blow it at times especially in our daily interactions, but I was more intentional in every moment this year and feel successful!
- Serve people like never before. I did some kray kray uncomfortable feet washing in 2012. Let’s do this one again in 2013!
- Work HARD and rest HARD. Worked hard. Rested as best as I could for having a new baby and a 5 year old starting his first year of school. Honestly, I did better resting in 2011. In 2013 though, I’m taking Amber out of dodge for at least a week, no kids, no phone, no nothing…just me and her. THAT is the best rest!
- Push. The. Envelope. Ask the haters how we did. Wink.
- Look further than 2012. Set goals for 10 years, 20 years and beyond. I settled some bigger, further goals for my life, my family and Revolution Church through 2012 that honestly scare me. Spent a lot of time praying through these things and I’ll share them in the future at the appropriate times!
What about you? How did you do in 2012?