Tuesday I posted about how rate X time = distance and what that means for our spiritual growth.
Today, I want to simply list some HABITS that will accelerate your rate of spiritual growth.
These are things that every Christ follower needs to build into their lives. Again, spiritual maturity takes time and discipline. Most of these things are discipline issues! Spiritual growth takes time and “trouble” according to 1 Timothy 4:7 meaning, its not always easy!
That said, here are 8 habits of a maturing, growing Christ follower…this isn’t an exhaustive list, but it covers the BIG things that can ACCELERATE your spiritual growth!
- We need to eat – the Bible. Again, I posted some on this yesterday. Go check it out.
- We need to breathe – Prayer. Not just at the dinner table. The Bible talks about “praying without ceasing.”
- We need good spiritual hygiene - Confession of sin. Getting real with God and with people that love you. Confession brings healing and renews passion!
- We need to give - Stewardship. Do you give regularly and consistently of your time, treasure and talents?
- We need a caring family - Connection to a local church! Not sitting in a seat each week, but actually connecting!
- We need regular exercise - Service…are you washing feet inside and outside of the church?
- We need protection - from Temptation. What patterns and habits do you need to kill that regularly tempt you and drag you away?
- We need to follow – Spiritual Leadership. God puts people in positions of leadership in our lives. Are you listening to them?