Ok. I’m coming out finally. I am running for president. I can’t hide it anymore because channel 3 news did a story about it.
Haven’t blogged much this week. My schedule has been INSANE the last few days since I returned…Here’s my thoughts on our vacation to D.C. as well as some pics:
- D.C. has the best 4th of July fireworks anywhere. It was insanity. Just the 10 minute firework display was worth making the trip.
- D.C. has the most rude waiters and cashiers in the world. In Texas we do this thing called “smiling.”
- The National Monument is not held together by anything but gravity. Its 500 feet of nothing but stones sitting on top of each other and in the wind it sways up to 3 inches each way. WOW!
- Arlington National will make you cry like a baby. There is no way to explain it. It make you realize the magnitude of the sacrifices that have been made so that we can live in a free country like we do.
- The Holocaust Museum will jack you up even more.
- The Vietnam memorial was one of the most quiet places I have ever been. It commands reverence.
- We also shot up to Baltimore one night for an Orioles game at Camden Yards. I had a blast scratching another ballpark off the list. It is a personal goal to visit every ball park in the country. Plus, it was Couper’s first ever MLB game! We got a ball signed by Josh Rupe, pitcher for the Rangers. Sweetness.
- Of course, I’m all about Texas so this was stinking awesome to learn.
- Cole did not call me one single time. THAT is an accomplishment.
- Got to check out National Community Church. Awesome place. More on that later.
- We wanted to be lazy by the pool one day, but never got around to it. There was just to much stuff to see.
- Going on a tour of the Capital was cool, but it wasn’t the highlight of the trip.
- Going in the White House was cool, but it wasn’t the highlight either.
- The highlight? Getting to be with my family for 5 days. I had a blast!
We are in Baltimore at Camden Yards waiting for the game to start. I am always pumped to go to any MLB game but this is the Baltimore vs Texas so i didn’t think it would be a big deal really.
Then I realized how big of a deal this game is…its Coupers first game! I’ll never forget these moments. And to top the whole experience off, Couper “caught” a ball during BP and got it signed by Rangers pitcher Josh Rupe. Not a big name but he’ll be on a shelf in our home forever!
Zak www.zakwhite.com Sent from Zak’s iPhone